- Get out your trash can and clean up! Throw out any unnecessary mail. Stack the important stuff for later.
- Clear off your desk. This means everything, then wipe it down with the appropriate cleaning products (wood – furniture polish; glass – glass cleaner, etc.). Place all paperwork in one stack and items which need to be placed in other areas of the house in another stack.
- Re-organize your desk drawers. Find your favorite colored or patterned hanging folders, grab your label maker or just do it the old fashioned way and write it out. Organize your files with what works for you.
- Sort your important files. Keeping good records for your home life and your business are essential to your success. Shred any documents with personal information for your identity protection.
- Don’t forget your desk drawers. I use the same technique as I do for my bathroom drawers. I love to use little containers to separate the items so I can find things faster. Use this same concept in the office. Place pens, paperclips, thumbtacks, etc. in their appropriate container for easy access. The main thing is to keep like items with like items.
- Shine up your workstation and personalize it for a more cozy and comfortable feel. There is nothing better than liking your workspace.
- I love to add a touch of sparkle (candles) and flowers to my area.
- Finish with a vacuum, but don’t forget to pack up your office “on the go bag” too. As a makeup artist and lifestyle blogger I never leave home with out my iPad, computer, or camera. Life moves so quickly. Don’t miss capturing a moment because you weren’t prepared.
I wish you a happy and successful year!
Want INK…? Get it at Shop INK…Cosmetics!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11348663/?claim=ug8q4bgu9z6″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>